Sunday, August 19, 2012

Strange morning this one was.  After getting to sleep before 2 am I slept until 9:30.  Opened my eyes to a headache and as I kept waking I was feeling all the pain.  I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to sit up but I pulled the lever on the recliner and yes I did sit up, although it hurt to get to that point.

So I got up and went to the bathroom, came back took my "morning pills" Then took the dogs out.  It was a nice morning and I really hated the thought of wasting it all inside, so when I got back in I started psyching myself up to taking the girls on a walk.  My upper legs and back were still hurting from the spill, my legs, just below the knees are sporting light bruises and yes painful to the touch.  Not enough to set me screaming but I will wince.

Well the girls were elated!  As soon as Sophie saw me grab the backpack with the tank in it she went nuts.  She was bouncing around, her tail was going she just couldn't wait,  Phoebe began to catch what Sophie had and was dancing around in front of the door yapping to hurry me along.  I got the back pack on, shoes on , hooked up their leashes and out we went.

I made it to the other side of the driveway next door before the pain made me turn around, to head back to the house.  We stopped once back on our driveway and I let the girls play in the grass a bit before It hit me that, this was where they picked up the we finished the trek to the porch then back inside.  I gave them both a treat for the walk and switched from the tank back to the machine and sat back just to relax and I was asleep again.

I woke up again a little after 1:00 took the dogs out again, and realized the pain was harder to ignore so I took the APF Tylenol and went about my day as usual.  Got some of the kitchen squared away, goodness even did the dishes.  Had to sit down along the way but I managed to get some of it done.  There is still work to be done but it will get done.

For now, Sophie has let me know it's time to call it a night...she looks to be covered when she is sleepy so I covered her, Phoebe on the other hand doesn't like covers but she does enjoy her chair.  And me...well I have my chair as well...