Sunday, July 29, 2012

So, we have a thunderstorm here and with a flash the electric went out.  I started to go into panic mode before I caught myself.  But I did manage to catch myself and reach for the portable O2 tank next to the recliner.  Smart keeping it close by.  But the electric kicked back on a few seconds later.

I was actually trying to get to sleep when the storm hit.  And of course when the electric went so did my need for sleep and now I'm wide awake.  Did I mention that it's after three AM and Sophie has been barking at the flashes in the window for a good 45 minutes?   That's another reason why my sleep has been interrupted.

I love a good storm and would really appreciate this one in the daylight.  But being sick and needing oxygen it is kind of scary alone during a storm these days.  Makes me think that I should start looking into an "assisted living" facility.  

I am so tired of the weather here, I didn't want to come back to the North East to begin with.  If I could have I would have stayed in California.   This apartment was only supposed to be temporary until I was set in my job and had vacation time where I could move to a better place.  Now almost four years later I'm still stuck here and with each storm the floor in front of the door gets damper and damper, and I know there is mold growing under there.

The dampness comes up from the basement, there's nothing but a mud floor down there and the walls have mold and mildew on them.  Oh Shannon get your damned driver's license because if you don't
I will leave your stuff here because I've got to get out of here for my health.  I don't want to go back into the hospital.